Back to Cambridge

Back to Cambridge


In the past week I have successfully:
  1. Secured a job
  2. Moved back to Cambridge
  3. Started CBT
  4. Passed the 20 day sobriety benchmark
I have a job working in a health food store - it's the vegan dream! And yes, that means I live in Cambridge once more. Honestly, I was terrified of moving back here. Cambridge is where I suffered the most with my mental health, it's where I scrutinised myself, induced abuse, consumed catastrophe, became overwhelmed, overworked, over-everything. I knew I had to move home last May but I never saw myself moving back. Fortunately, I'm healthier and happier than I was last year*, and I am (surprisingly) glad to be back.

One of my new years resolutions was to write more (I think this was a resolution last year too) and I enjoy keeping a record of my personal progress so I will be posting at least one Life Update post per month. I genuinely don't think I could cope without keeping to targets, for someone who experiences dissociation, it really helps to ground me and bring me back to the present moment.

Anyway, here's to discipline, progress and feeling content!

- peace and love, Emily xo

* I didn't suddenly wake up one morning and decide I was happy. It took a lot of working on myself, therapy, medication and support.

Post a Comment

0 Comments